Technical Support Engineer #1001
Job ID: #1001
As Staff Technical Support Engineer you will possess a proven aptitude for learning new technologies and progressing your level of expertise constantly, in a proactive self-driven manner. You will be highly analytical with the ability to derive facts quickly, methodically, and accurately. This is a customer facing role. As a Staff Technical Support Engineer you will work to solve product and network problems of high complexity. You will act as an escalation point for less experienced team members. As a Staff Technical Support Engineer, you must be able to effectively configure and utilize complex lab setups to duplicate and solve Customer reported problems. Creative problem solving skills, resourcefulness and the ability to work under pressure are key attributes.
- Responsible for responding to escalated customer support cases via phone email and chat
- Useskills to troubleshoot and accurately document customer issues. Understand customer systems and configuration, identify problems and recommend solutions.
- Provide regular communication to the customer in a timely and professional manner.
- Create Support Documentation and Knowledge base articles,
- Mentor and train less experienced colleagues
- Become a recognised subject matter expert in 2 or more FireEye product(s)
- Take ownership of customer issues when escalated by customers, management or Level 2 colleagues. Drive to resolve issues effectively, escalating cases to development teams where necessary
- Participate in the testing of new product builds and releases
- Identify potential product/process weakness, research potential fixes with relevant internal teams and management
- Expect to spend approximately 70% of time troubleshooting customer issues.
- 7+ years’ experience in the Technical Support field, Support Centre experience an advantage.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with customers as well as with internal engineers.
- Excellent time management and troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrated Eagerness to learn new technologies/skills
- Highly Proficient in Microsoft and Linux Operating Systems to, comfortable working at CLI and having Administration experience.
- Intermediate level knowledge of windows or linux kernel internals
- Experience of in-depth Log Analysis using command line tools
- Advanced knowledge of networking technologies, internetworking devices and protocols
- Keen understanding of Malware tools and hacking techniques
- Intermediate level knowledge of Firewall, VPN, IDS and related network security design and implementation;
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently and idiomatically, including technical concepts and terminology. Multiple language skills a plus.
- Ability to prioritise issues and balance customer requirements with FireEye interests.
The following or equivalent experience & skills:
- Sc. in Computing or related discipline, Masters in a security related domain a distinct advantage
- Microsoft or Linux Certified – MCSE, RHCE
- Endpoint security experience, including network design, implementation, and management;
- Security network, and systems related professional certifications are a plus;
- Microsoft Windows, Linux, Unix System administration, TCP/IP, DNS, and troubleshooting experience.
- Network technologies (firewalls, routers, switches) and protocols (TCP/IP, DNS, LDAP etc.).
- Basic C/C++, Java, Ruby, python experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication – demonstrated ability to deal with challenging customers
- Flexible, Self-Starter
- Systematic Troubleshooting skills